"One Perfect Part at a Time"

Uncategorized

24K Spindle Progress

The parts arrived yesterday. Exactly as shown in the previous post. I placed an order for some four conductor cable for the wiring between the Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) and the spindle motor.

I needed to see the clamping size of the spindle’s electrical plug connector. I didn’t want to select and order a cable that would not fit. The cable is on they way to me, so I created the adapter I needed to mount the new spindle on the Taig Micro-Mill.

The picture shows the results of my work as the spindle is now nicely mounted on the… Continue reading

Engine Parts

DSC06345What I have in my left hand is six pounds of  brass engine parts. It doesn’t quite look like it yet but it will get there.  I examined my brass stash for the A3 project and it wasn’t as complete as I thought it was. The stash is good but a few things had been “borrowed” and/or are otherwise missing, or I didn’t figure materials as close as I could.

Actually this is probably 300% more than I needed but with projects like this there are minimum amounts that can be ordered. That’s OK as it will all… Continue reading

Speeds & Feeds

I churned out 6 more of my 1” aluminum wrenches late Sunday afternoon. I am offering them for sale in the Ramblin’ Dan’s Store website. I have been selling them quietly but decided to go public this May. Price. $7.50

That’s the same… Continue reading

4 Axis Spruce-up

I have found a good project for my 4 Axis CNC mill and also my Rhino 5 software. If you have read  recent posts I have mentioned I am pursuing carving some small bells from wax for lost wax casting. Here I am re-configuring my original Taig micro mill back into 4 axis operation.

I… Continue reading

Another Project Finished

Yes-sir, completely scratch built from raw ore. NO, not likely. Ha!

This is a little repair project my daughter gave me. It is a ball head for a camera (photography) mount. The bottom of this device screws down on a tripod or studio steady mount.

There is a quick release on the top that is attached to the camera.

The handle bolt is loosened to adjust the angle of the camera and that is where the problem was. There are internal splines in the original handle that were stripped out. It would no longer turn the locking bolt to secure… Continue reading

Categories
NOTE: Log in is for admin and members only, not required to post comments.